Y’all, Sunday was a special day. It marked the sixth anniversary of the day I said “I do!” to my husband (and he said it back). We had a “unique” start to our marriage. We both came into the marriage … Continue reading
My husband holds a special record in my life. Our relationship is officially the longest relationship I have ever been in. In the 8 years we’ve known each other, I’ve learned some things. Below is a list of 5 things I’ve learned so far:
- I have to compromise. I have to compromise. I have to compromise.
- People who snore go to sleep faster than I can find my favorite wine in Costco. And I know exactly where it is. And I get that before I get anything else. So it doesn’t take me long, that’s my point.
- His hugs make me feel safer than I’ve ever felt in my life.
- Watching him comfort our children makes my heart cry happy tears.
- The hard days feel like I’m fighting for the heavyweight championship but the other 99% of the days are wonderful and make it all worth it.
My husband is my best friend. And I love him with all my heart. Unless he’s snoring. Like he is now.
In just 2 days my hunky hubs and I will celebrate our wedding anniversary. This is huge. Each year that I realize 1) our anniversary is approaching and 2) we’re still married, I feel accomplished. It’s comparable to the feeling … Continue reading